20. oktober 2022

Irish fruit scones

 One of my Irish automation lads gave me this recipe, so I could try to bake something classic Irish. It’s my first try with scones and I must say, they’re really good, thanks Shane!




600 g flour
110 g caster sugar 
1 tbsp baking powder
190 g butter cut in cubes
100 g raisins
2 eggs
250 mL buttermilk

Mix flour, sugar and baking powder. Add butter and work with your fingers until the mix resembles small peas. Add the raisins. Mix eggs with buttermilk and add that to the dry mixture. Form a dough from the mixture and knead until just combined. Roll out to approx  4 cm thickness and use a 7 cm cutter to cut 11-12 scones. Brush with milk and bake for 20-25 minutes at 190 C. 

The brilliant trick is for day 2 to put the scones in the microwave for 20/30 sec. That makes them delicious again, and not at all dry. 
They also freeze well.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar